I AM COACH KAREN
From qualifying for the Boston Marathon multiple times to earning a spot on the 2011 Team USA World Championship Long Course Triathlon, Karen has the experience to get you ready for your next challenge.
Staying fit is has always been important in Karen’s life. As she raised her children, she wanted to lead by example so staying healthy, setting goals and working hard to achieve them was a great motivator to for her to lace up her running shoes.
Karen has found wonderful friendships and personal fulfillment in fitness that she cannot imagine a better job than sharing it with others. Whether your goal is to run that first 5K, qualify for the Boston Marathon or take on the ironman distance, she has the experience and skills to get you there.
Whether you are training for a specific race or just trying to get in shape, training demands an investment of time and energy. Working with a certified coach guarantees you will get the best possible return on that investment by making the most of your time with quality, targeted workouts. The right coach will correctly assess your current level of fitness, analyze your form, and develop a customized program that keeps the training volume and intensity balanced with proper recovery.
Certified coaches also have the experience and knowledge to handle concerns about everything from injuries to an athlete’s frustration caused by not ever really feeling like they are achieving the level of performance they desire. A successful program includes helping the athlete set appropriate goals and constant evaluation of their progress in meeting those goals. This is accomplished by training the athlete physically and mentally through positive affirmations and self-talk.
USAT and USA Track and Field certification requires advanced classes and continuing education in sports psychology, exercise physiology, and sports-specific training.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Experience is everything when it comes to understanding an athlete’s needs and goals. Training and finishing races and triathlons of all distances and degrees of difficulty has given Coach Karen an invaluable amount of knowledge to pass on.
· Ironman Madison Wisconsin Finisher
· Ironman Florida Finisher
· 30+ marathons, including Boston and New York
· USA Track and Field Master’s Half Marathon Championship 3rd place Age Group award
· USA World Champion Half Ironman Qualifier
· 2011 National Duathlon age group Champion
. Second place finisher at Ironman 70.3 Austin
· Age group winner in the 2011 Gulf Coast Half Ironman Triathlon
· Top ten age group winner at 2011 Augusta 70.3 Triathlon
· Top ten age group winner at 2010 St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon
· Certified Aerobics and Fitness Association of America Personal Trainer
· Certified USA Triathlon Coach
. USATF Certified Coach
. Certified personal trainer
· Numerous sprint, olympic, and half ironman triathlons